February 14, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I’m writing to share important information with you about how we can work together, at school and home, to safeguard our students and staff from the negative impact of the current flu season.
As you may be aware, the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that influenza activity is currently rising and is expected to continue for the coming weeks. We are in communication with our local health officials to keep abreast of the latest information regarding flu conditions in our area.
To minimize the spread of illness, our custodial staff has been carefully disinfecting desks and common area surfaces such as cafeteria tables, hand rails, door knobs, and bathroom fixtures. All staff members have been setting a good example and reminding students to wash their hands with soap and water frequently throughout the day. Meanwhile, our principals monitor daily attendance to identify spikes in absences to determine if additional actions are required.
You are an important ally in our fight against the spread of illness. Please help us by reminding your children of these important CDC recommendations:
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Stay home when you are sick.
3. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Build up your resistance by: getting plenty of sleep, being physically active, managing your stress, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating nutritious food.
Please know that the safety of all students and staff is our priority. We are grateful for your ongoing cooperation in this important matter.
Mr. Christopher Tully
Superintendent of Schools