Kindergarten Registration Letter (Spanish)
Bergenfield Public School District is thrilled to continue the annual tradition of welcoming a new class of students who will embark on the fantastic voyage of “school” through our 2023 Kindergarten Registration. As a parent myself, I know the mixed emotions that could arise in you as you prepare to entrust the care of your child into the hands of our exceptional teaching staff. Therefore, to ease the stress of this process, we ask you to review the following guidelines so that you are prepared to meet the mandated requirements to which we all must adhere.
Kindergarten registration will take place online this year from Monday, February 27th through Wednesday, March 1st. The forms and information for the online enrollment process will be available on the district’s website at https://www.bergenfield.org/KindergartenRegistration. Parents who may have any enrollment questions are asked to call Ms. Alice Nieves, District Registrar, at (201) 385-8600 ext. 1609, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those individuals who cannot access the website, printed registration packets will be made available. Please contact the District Registrar to schedule a pick-up. The completed packets can be deposited in the dropbox at the Bergenfield High School Main Entrance.
Please review the information below in order to ensure that the registration of your child may be readily completed.
All children must be five years of age on or before October 1, 2023. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Registration requires the following:
- Parent/Guardian will be required to confirm their identity with a photo ID.
- The child's birth certificate must be presented at the time of registration.
- Proof of residency, such as a copy of your house deed, rent receipt, mortgage commitment or lease, will be required. In addition, you will be required to complete and have a notarized Parent Affidavit of Legal Residence and Pupil Domicile form.
- A physical examination is required of all children prior to entrance to Kindergarten. Any examination done on or after October 1, 2022, will satisfy this requirement. A physical exam form, to be completed by your medical care provider, will be provided to you with your registration packet. This card must be returned to the school nurse no later than May 1, 2023.
State law requires that all children be properly immunized against certain diseases before entrance to school. Please provide proof of these immunizations with the enrollment forms.
The necessary immunizations are listed below: (PRESENT PROOF OF THESE AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT.)
- DTaP - Minimum of 4 doses, one of which is given on or after the 4th birthday (or a total of any 5 doses).
- IPV or OPV - Minimum of 3 doses, one of which must be given on or after the 4th birthday (or a total of 4 doses spaced by a minimum of one month).
- MMR - 2 doses given on or after the first birthday. Doses must be separated by at least one month.
- Hep B - 3 doses.
- Varicella Vaccine - 1 dose on or after the first birthday. A physician or parental statement of previous varicella disease is acceptable.
Our staff looks forward to building and maintaining a strong partnership so that you will dramatically shape your child’s future. We are here to assist you every step of the way.
Christopher M. Tully, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools